I think maybe a weekly recap and a monthly recap would just be too much recap-age for any one person to handle, so hey, let’s do a cool, fancy combo of the two!
|A Gathering of Shadows (ADSoM #2) by V. E. Schwab. I am LOVING this sequel! I enjoy seeing Lila interact with people of Red London, and I certainly am fond of her interactions with Captain Alucard! Also, Kell and Rhy’s relationship is the literal best! I’m on page 281 currently (but I’m definitely getting in a lot of reading today).||
Total pages read: 688
It wasn’t a very eventful month, book-wise (and honestly, don’t expect much more from me for February, or the entire year, for that matter). I’ve just been a very slow reader as of late – I have a lot to do, and a lot on my mind, because yesterday was the start of my THIRD TRIMESTER. *cue internal screaming + freaking out*
Books Reviewed on the Blog in January
Okay… real talk: so I never really do “TBRs” (besides the 700-something list I have on Goodreads o.o), but I want to start. Now, will I stick with it? Probably not… at first. But I have a goal to try and stick with it, because I think it might help me achieve a lower overall TBR in the long run. So, to start out small, I have 3 books that I plan on reading for February!
I’ve been playing with the idea of going through my Goodreads TBR, in alphabetical order, and trying to read through the list! We’ll see how that turns out. (We’ll start with 10 Things I Can See From Here, after I finish the Shades of Magic series, and after I read my long-anticipated Tower of Dawn, because I need to stop being a ~procrastinator~ and catch up on this series!) Luckily, I own 2 out of the 3 of these books. Looks like I have to purchase A Conjuring of Light, so that I can complete my collection. And hurrah for me because I didn’t buy a single book in January! So I could probably buy 2 this month, since I’m trying to only buy one book per month this year. *fist pump*
Top Ten Tuesday: I Am Sad I Wasted My Time With These Ten Reads 
Journal: Rosie Weekly : What IS a Rutabaga?!
Top Posts This Month
PIE CHARTS ARE FUN! ^.~
Around the Interwebs!
• Cait @ Paper Fury supplies the shovel as she discusses the ten bookworm habits we need to bury in 2018.
• Bekka @ Pretty Deadly Reviews did the New Year’s Book tag – and this is where I got it from!
• Marissa @ Marissa Writes gives you ten tips for completing your reading goals this year.
• Austine @ Novel Knight assures you that stats aren’t the most important thing (something I really needed to hear)!
• Ashley @ Nose Graze talks about the books she’s had on her shelves for 2+ years (girl…I feel ya).
Real Life Happenings
I feel like the house has been a real wreck all month – and I’ve just been too tired to do anything about it! Good news is my boyfriend started working weekends yesterday and has had all last week off to start getting stuff together in the nursery! Bad news… we’re missing parts for the crib! >.< And so, this is the state of the “nursery” until we call the company about the parts to fix this dilemma. (I’m hoping we can start painting next weekend – dark blue for a space/Doctor Who theme!)
I’ve been super paranoid at work lately, since I work at a preschool and a LOT of my co-workers and kids there have been getting sick this month. Some have gotten the flu, some have gotten strep throat/scarlet fever, and there’s been some cases of croup as well. Over the past 3 weeks, though, I have been fighting a very annoying cough, and just ended z-pack #2 yesterday, so if this doesn’t work, I don’t know what I’ll do! It’s very unfortunate that women can’t take much to feel better while pregnant. At least I have an OB appointment this coming Wednesday if the meds fail to do their job.
The week before, all my co-workers and management got together at the closest bowling alley and had our belated holiday party! It was super fun, and there was a lot of delicious food. I did do some bowling, and quite surprisingly – to everyone – I won! I still don’t get how they all lost to a pregnant lady! I guess my baby is just my good luck charm! ^.~
Last night, we celebrated the end of an era! Back in 2009 to about 2012~ I worked at a Subway on the OSU campus, and now, after 30-something years, my old boss is shutting the doors and retiring from the sandwich-making business! His children planned a surprise party for him last night inside the old sandwich shop, decorated with years of employee artwork, a “Happy Retirement” banner, and of course, there was beer. (I’m almost certain we had more alcohol stowed away than the bar next door did!) Naturally, I did not partake – preggers! – but it was still so awesome to see most of my old co-workers there, and catching up with them!
My January (in Photos)
 Our first picture of the new year! (And also our last new year as a duo!)  What snowy weather will do to your car… still unsure how this happened! I must’ve reversed over a snowbank or something, and it just cracked my bumper! And yes, it’s being held together by duct tape. Space duct tape. ;D  January was month #6 in my pregnancy. This is just going way too fast…
Note to self: Take more pictures in February! (I’m bad at this.)
• Fall Out Boy – MANIA. FOB’s new album dropped, and I’ve been obsessed with a couple of songs on there, such as “The Last of the Real Ones” and “Wilson (Expensive Mistakes)“!
• Wendy & Lisa – Eroica. Not a new album (as it came out in 1989) but I’ve been feeling nostalgic for all the music my mom introduced to me as a young kid, and I’ve been blasting “Strung Out“, “Staring at the Sun” and “Why Wait for Heaven?” in the past week!
• Breaking Benjamin – Feed The Wolf. So excited about new music from Breaking Benjamin! Listen to “Feed the Wolf“!
• The Brave Little Toaster. Speaking of nostalgia… just had a random urge to watch this movie from my childhood!
• Beauty and the Beast (2017). We listen to a lot of custom-made Disney CDs at work, thanks to my awesome co-worker, Brandi, and after hearing the live-action renditions of “Belle”, “Evermore” and “Days in the Sun” over and over again, I decided to re-watch my favorite movie of 2017! (I saw it in theaters THREE times!)
• Brooklyn Nine-Nine. This is a tv favorite of mine, and my boyfriend’s. We finished season 4 this month, and also started season 5! #TeamJakeAndAmy! And #TeamRosa!
• Teachers. I was introduced to this show last year by a friend and LOVE it. It’s hilarious, and I recommend! It’s got 2 seasons out right now (and I am finished with both of them)!
• 2 Broke Girls. I am slowly, but surely, making my way through all 6 seasons of this well-loved comedy (and I am currently chugging through season 3)! Kat Dennings is my on-screen hero.
Quote of the Week
Tell me about your January! Was it awesome? Or did it not go quite as planned? What are your plans for next month, bookish or otherwise?
This has been a Rosie Writes Things production. It is very, very quiet in her house right now… and she’s wondering whether she should do her taxes, eat (another) bagel, read A Gathering of Shadows, or start decluttering her house. She’s going to join her family for the Super Bowl later, and is excited to (FINALLY) hand out baby shower invites! (Which is in two weeks! Ahhh!)