Monday, January 15th 2018 Bookish
I CAN’T RESIST A GOOD BOOK TAG. And I found this one (today) over at Pretty Deadly Reviews and just had to do it. I mean, since I’ve been on a blogging roll since Friday, why not? (I promise, I won’t always be this productive, bahaha.)
1. How many books do you plan on reading in 2018?
Ha, I feel like I’ve answered this exact same question in my last couple of posts, but hey, let me reiterate! My goal is 25. And I know that’s not a lot, but let me explain. For one, the past couple of years, I haven’t been able to get past 20, so this is a little bit of a push, and for two, I’ll be giving birth to my baby boy in April, sooo~ I am almost positive that’s going to throw everything off in my life, right?!
2. Name 5 books you didn’t get to in 2017, but want to make a priority in 2018.
• Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass #6) by Sarah J. Maas
• One Dark Throne (Three Dark Crowns #2) by Kendare Blake
• Rise of Fire (Reign of Shadows #2) by Sophie Jordan
• A Million Worlds With You (Firebird #3) by Claudia Gray
• The Rose and the Dagger (The Wrath and the Dawn #2) by Renee Ahdieh
Basically, I want to catch up on series that I’m reading before starting new series, haaa!
3. What genre do you want to read more of in 2018?
Judging by the last five books I listed, I’m pretty sure the average genre of my twenty-five-book-goal is going to be fantasy. Honestly, that’s my favorite genre. So I’m cool with that.
4. Name 3 non-book goals for 2018.
• Visit the gym at least once a week + get down to (at least) my pre-pregnancy weight.
• Work on my house, declutter, and decorate it the way I’ve envisioned.
• Birth this baby and be a kick-ass mom!
5. What’s a book you’ve had forever that you still need to read?
The answer to this question is quite possibly endless. Do you know how many unread books I own that are collecting dust on the shelves??! I guess I could go with Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, though. *flinches* I KNOOOOW, I’m a terrible human being because I haven’t read the entirety of the HP series!
6. One word that you hope your new year will be.
NOURISH [nur-ish] v. 1. to supply with what is necessary for life, health, and growth. 2. to cherish, foster, keep alive, etc. 3. to strengthen, build up, or promote.
I’ve picked this lovely world because I can use this to describe almost the entirety of my life; for the most obvious reason, my son! And secondly, I’d like to strengthen and cherish the relationship I have with my boyfriend of 6½ years, because I know this roller-coaster we’re about to board will cause everything to be a bit shaky and rough – but if I know us like I think I do, we can handle it! And thirdly, my writing game is something I definitely need to nourish!
I want to know: what’s your word of the year? And if you do/did this tag, share your posts with me! (And if you want an excuse to do this tag, TAG YOU’RE IT!)
This has been a Rosie Writes Things production. Though she stayed home from work today, she is feeling MUCH better. (Phew!) She feels quite productive, though she’s spent a good chunk of the day napping, but to be fair, she was much more useful than she was yesterday! She’s super excited because (being 25 weeks pregnant) she’s starting to see baby boy kick from the outside! It makes her all giddy inside.