Saturday, January 20th 2018 Music
Let’s take a break from talking about bookish things for a minuscule second. (I know, GASP, what am I thinking?) But hear me out, it’s another topic you most likely love: music! I’m a pretty huge Spotify junkie, and I spend a lot of time listening to new stuff, because I have a wide, WIDE range of things I like to listen to. (So, more than likely, you’ll find something you’re into; welcome to my infinite playlist!)
For every 5 new songs I add to my yearly Spotify playlist, I want to spotlight and share them with you! Every time we hit a new year, I start a new ‘year’ playlist, wherein I add all the new-to-me songs I heard that year – and loved! I’ve already got playlists 2015-2017 under my belt, and it’s really fun to go back every once and a while and shuffle through those old songs that gave me goosebumps or made me bop my head incessantly! So let’s get to the music, shall we???
Just a heads’ up, I will provide links Spotify, but in case you can’t listen on Spotify, you will also get a bonus link to a YouTube video!
Five Newest Songs
- 01. “ocean eyes” – Billie Eilish | Big fan of her music recently. This is my favorite. I have listened to it a lot on the way to and from work! Spotify & YouTube
- 02. “Something For Your M.I.N.D.” – Superorganism | Randomly listened to in my ‘suggestions’, & very catchy. Weird… but catchy! (Warning! Video is also super weird!) Spotify & YouTube
- 03. “Self-Destructive” – Mothica | A new discovered artist. I liked her voice! Spotify & YouTube
- 04. “I Like Me Better” – Lauv | Another newly discovered artist. I liked the guitar-strum and finger-snapping a lot in this song. Spotify & YouTube
- 05. “Red Cold River” – Breaking Benjamin | Yay new Breaking Benjamin! One of my favorite rock bands! Couldn’t not add this one. Spotify & YouTube
What do you think of the music? Have you listened to anything good lately? Please share if you have!
This has been a Rosie Writes Things production. What a happy day, as it is the weekend! Rosie really appreciates not having to work on the weekends anymore, because now she can have these two days to herself to sleep, eat, relax, sleep some more. She’s planning to do a ‘house purge’ at some point this weekend, and maybe even rearrange some furniture. She realized this morning that she has less than 100 days until her son is here!