Even though I’ve basically been M.I.A. for two weeks, I hope you’ve missed me. (Even just a wittle bit?) It’s been a whirlwind fourteen days — honestly, I don’t know where the time has been hiding itself, because I feel like I was just in Indiana for the family reunion like, two days ago, at the most. What is happening to my brain?!?! (Oh yeah, it’s called getting older…)
So we’ll just say I went on a small hiatus, but now that I think I’ve got a grasp back on reality, we’ll just continue to say that I’m back and will hopefully get these dang reviews out into the blogoverse because holy crap I feel like I am 15 reviews behind, when in reality, I think I am only like 4 reviews behind. Or something like that.
- A Fierce and Subtle Poison
- Three Dark Crowns
- Stalking Jack the Ripper
Oh look! It’s only 3! *wipes brow* PHEW!
So in short, I’m super sorry for the long, dramatic absence, but all I’m really going to leave you with is this: I’ve been really busy and super tired. I’ve either been working or sleeping, and that, in a nutshell, is my epic adult excuse. And yes, the title, says BIG (SECRET) CHANGES, and they will stay secret for now because I’m an evil little monster who feeds off of her audience’s misery and confusion (mwahaha).
I’ve been on this story for almost two weeks now…
Click on images for a link to Goodreads! It’s not because this book isn’t capturing my attention. It’s because, like stated previously, I’ve been busy and tired. If I haven’t been working, I’ve pretty much been sleeping, or at least lounging on the couch not wanting to do much of anything (except maybe catch up on some of my tv shows, in which I wasn’t always guaranteed a full episode because I would usually end up passing out halfway through). But I digress! Want is a really cool, unique book set in a futuristic Taipei where the environmental pollution is reaching detrimental proportions. People are dying, but the ones who are rich enough can buy these “suits” that protect you from the pollution (they’re pretty nifty, very tech-oriented, but most importantly, they provide clean, unpolluted air). Honestly, it’s just a band-aid, a temporary fix. When a poor boy tried to infiltrate the company who makes these suits, he finds himself getting a little too close to the company mogul’s daughter… I’m a little over halfway in my ebook, and I plan on powering through the rest of it!
DEAR READER: What do you think of the premise of this book?
Bringing back the MUSIC!
I haven’t really been about the music section of my recap posts, but this time I want to share some great songs I’ve been listening to.
- For You by Fame on Fire. I discovered this song, and my love for this band’s music, on my way home from the family reunion in Indiana two weekends ago. I really just love this song. If you listen to any of the music I list today, listen to this one.
- Another One by Fame on Fire. Another great song by Fame on Fire. Seriously, a new favorite band of mine.
- California Dreaming by Hollywood Undead. I’ve always been a fan of HU. And I just listened to one of their newest songs the other day. Love it!
- One More Light by Linkin Park. I’ve been a little obsessed with this song lately. And it’s opened up the not-so-old wounds of the death of LP’s Chester Bennington. 🙁
- Sharp Edges by Linkin Park. A new favorite from their newest album. It’s got a good beat!
DEAR READER: What have you been listening to lately? Are you going to check out my recs?
I did some TV Show catch-ups
- Game of Thrones. So. Many. Tears. I watched a lot of GoT these past two weeks. I re-watched episode 3-6 of season 7 before watching the finale last Sunday. UGH. GUYS. I just can’t say anything without ranting and possibly spoiling, so I won’t say anything at all.
- Bob’s Burgers. I watched a couple of old episodes of this great tv show! Louise is my favorite.
- American Horror Story: Hotel. I FINALLY watched the last episode of Freak Show (um, very sad last episode, might I add) and was able to start Hotel. I’m on the fifth episode, and just want to say that I love Lady Gaga. This has contributed a lot to the fact that I haven’t been reading lately…ha.
Okay is it really a surprise I have nothing to put in this section?
Where I tell you the recent things I’ve posted? *laughs like a crazy person*
- Last recap // Week 7 Recap: August is Just Flying By…
DEAR READER: What have you been up to for the last two weeks? What have you been reading/watching/listening to?
Saturday is the perfect day to not do ANYTHING. Except maybe laundry, because that kinda needs to be done, but other than that? It’s the perfect opportunity to
keep watching American Horror Story I mean, read my book that needs to be read if I don’t want to be a complete failure for #TheReadingQuest readathon… I don’t think I should do readathons anymore lolol.